My mouth is watering so much from getting the pictures together for this post that it doesn’t even matter that my water pipes are frozen right now. I’ve got water in me for days.
I‘ve been following a low carb lifestyle for about three years now. On the way there’s recipes I’ve gone back to again and again and they taste just as mouthgasming delicious as they did the first time. By this day I can do all the ones you see below without even looking at the recipe.
My brain just had to make space to keep these delights in.
Whether you just want to try the keto lifestyle, have been on it for a while, or want to try some delicious food, these recipes will satisfy all your mouth watering needs. Then come over. I need to make some tea.
I‘ve gone for a range of my favorite bloggers. Craig from Ruled.Me started my journey with his 30 day meal plan, and from there I found the amazing Carolyn at All Day I Dream About Food, and never felt dessert or sweets deprived again. Then came Mellisa from I Breathe I’m Hungry. She became my mommy chef to all things keto and I started to cook more than I ever had in my life, while having the best food my body has ever tasted while doing it.
Never feel deprived again with these amazing bloggers and their recipes in your bookmarks tab or Pinterest reservoir. The others are bloggers I’ve picked up through the Internet and they are all skilled in their food crafts. Enjoy😉
- Up first will be a meal from my very first week on the keto diet. I go back to it again and again and use it to convince friends that my diet is the most delicious of all ‘diets’. The combination of hot sauce and butter is so incredible that you’ll start putting it on all your meals, even your salads. I also put bacon grease in salads. Welcome to happiness.
2. Before keto my diet consisted of fruit and veggies, but mostly fruits. It was horrifying to cut them out at first, but the more your taste buds adapt the more you appreciate the subtle sweetness in berries. Cutting sugar even brings out the subtle sweetness and flavors of all food. Do you know how sweet blueberries can be? I used to think they were just the lie of fruit. I used to eat a lot of sour patch kids.
Now I can truly sink into the taste of their sweet pleasure. At this point I don’t even crave sugar;) I make these muffins at least once a month to carry around with. Pro-tip: add butter. Kerrygold butter. And a dash of nutmeg or cinnamon.
3. On that veggie note let me introduce you to my favorite: celeriac root. I’d never heard of it until Googling what to use for pasta on keto. Now I always have one in my fridge. I use it for fries and pasta and even in my bacon and celery root egg skillet. This dish from Slim Palate will satisfy and even overload all your pasta mouth needs.
4. Oh my chocolate pudding bliss you need this inside you. Carolyn taught me you can have your pudding and add dark beer to it too. I love her. This was actually the first time I made pudding. Thanks mommy chef.
5. Not to brag while bragging, but I’m still making this recipe of mine every other day while the chill is still in the air. The way chai fondles coconut milk is sweet earthy bliss.
6. Chocolate covered maple bacon: when you get to use bacon grease to make chocolate. I have dreams with this in it and my mouth fills the role of wet dreams.
7. After brining your chicken in pickle juice you’ll wonder how you didn’t have this inside you sooner. So moist and delicious that I might have to go excuse myself to put my chicken strips into plastic baggies of pickle juice right now. Oh, and you fry them in pork rinds😉. This recipe was my inspiration for kale chip chicken nuggets.
8. Also from I Breathe I’m Hungry are these delicious cream cheese pancakes. I’ve never found another pancake to be so easy and adaptable to all flavors, and with only two ingredients😉.
9. The most quick and delicious snack I’ve found comes from a lady devoted to the keto and paleo lifestyle. Travel friendly and fully flavored. What more could your mouth desire?
10. This cauliflower jalapeno casserole lasted about four days (that’s fast for a single ketoer) and I made another one right when it was gone. Welcome to my go to casserole.
You can also add some ground beef or chorizo to this one😉
11. Craving fries? Try a veggie even more delicious than potatoes, and I’m Irish.
The radish is the perfect keto substitute for potatoes in my little opinion. (Seriously though, I’m 110 pounds. I do this for the mind😉 ). I chop them up and just fry them in bacon grease with some herbs most of the time, or use them in my slow cooker beef stew.
12. Ha. And People think they need buns.
13. Did I mention you can have dark beer on a low carb diet? Oh yeah, it’s above with the pudding, and now it comes back to soak into meat. These meatballs took me from bored of keto into remembering I want to be on it for life. The combination of beer and chocolate is so deep it makes your mouth feel sensual.
14. Have you ever had a mug cake?? I hadn’t until Craig introduced me to them. That first week…and month…and year I made so many mug cakes that I even found out the best mug to use for them. Protip: supergrease the mug. The single serving size also keeps you from having a large cake in the fridge that makes makes you start sleepwalking in order to eat it at any point of the day…/night. *cough*
15. And finally an ooey gooey life classic. The cauliflower crust cheese sandwich from one of the wittiest minds you’ll find online. Mike consistently creates gorgeous photos and mouthgasm worthy recipes.
These are just the brimming moments of a keto diet, and I assure you there’s even more delicious recipes all over the Internet. I’ve learned to love food more than I have in my entire life, while being in full control of my mind and body.
Looking for the most wild and delicious chocolate this earth holds to use in this delicious chocolate mouthgasms? Try Wild Foods cocoa. Take a cue from Shia LeBeouf and just do it.
Enjoy your life and all the food you put in it ^_^