These raw gingerbread cookies have no flour, no dairy, and no refined sugar — despite the many “no’s”, they’re exceptionally delicious. Made from coconut and cashews, these cookies are packed with spices that’ll warm you up. Preparation is minimal and if you want the cookies to be crunchy, you can dehydrate them; either way you prepare them, they’re delicious.
RAW COCONUT GINGERBREAD COOKIES [VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE]
THIS RECIPE IS : Dairy Free,Gluten Free, Grain Free, No Refined Sugar,Vegan
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 3 cups cashews
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- A pinch of salt
- In a blender or food processor, grind the cashews and coconuts into flour.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Next, shape the cookies. Roll out the dough to 1/3-inch thickness and use cookie cutters to make shapes. Place the cookies on a lined baking tray and put in the freezer for 45-50 minutes.
- As an optional step, you can dehydrate the cookies for 6-8 hours at 105°F.