TOTAL TIME 35mins
PREP 10 MINS
COOK 25 MINS
Sooooooo good – tastes just like a brownie should. Even the most experienced dessert eaters wouldn’t guess they are vegan.
- 1 1⁄2cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2cups brown sugar
- 3⁄4teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons baking soda
- 1teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4cup brewed coffee
- 3⁄4cup soymilk
- 1⁄3cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2cup walnuts, roasted and chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2cup chocolate chips or 1⁄2 cupcarob chips
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coffee, soy milk, and oil.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix; then stir in the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter (it will be quite liquidy) into a greased 9×9″ pan and bake at 325º for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- (Note- for a smaller pan, the baking time could be substantially longer- a 7×10 pan took about 40 minutes).
- For glaze- melt the chocolate and margarine and whisk, then drizzle over brownies.
- (Note- this is a lot of glaze- an ounce of chocolate and a tablespoon of margarine makes a nice amount). source: