When you are on keto you will sometime find yourself craving fast food. You miss that slice of pizza, that juicy hamburger, or that Chinese take-out. Luckily, we have substitute to satisfy almost any craving you might have. This recipe uses cauli-flower instead of actual rice, but it is just as tasty!
I was sceptical of this when I first tried it too. How could cauliflower compare to my beloved take-out fried rice? Well it does! It is delicious, and a guilt free healthy alternative! Try it out and you will no be disappointed!
- First off you want to chop you cauliflower into florets, and discard the rest of the stem. Pop the florets into a food processor or blender, and pulse it until the cauliflower has a rice like consistency. If you don’t have a food processor, you can just grate the head of cauliflower on the the coarsest side of a cheese grater.
- Next you want to remove as much moisture as you can from the raw cauli-rice. You can do this by putting it into a cheese cloth or similar, and squeezing out as much water as you can.
- Put your cauli-rice in a bowl, and mix in your salt, pepper, soy sauce and fish sauce.
- Heat up your sesame oil in a pan or wok, and add in your cauli-rice mixture. You want to gently fry the mixture for 4-5 minutes.
- Push your cauli-rice to one side of the pan, and add your chopped green onion, garlic and eggs to the other side. Mix the eggs occasionally as they scramble, and then mix them back into the cauli-rice mixture.
- Keep stirring the mixture for another 1-2 minutes, and you are done. A delicious keto friendly alternative to fried rice! It goes great with our Keto Chicken Tandoori too, I’d recommend trying that out! Be sure to let us know what you think in the comments.
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 1 Green Onion
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Sesame OIl