“Like most people with celiac, I find white bread is one of the foods our gluten-free family misses the most. I created this after much trial and error in trying to make a bread that tastes like real wheat bread.”
Prep. 20 m. Cook. 25 m. Ready in. 1h 50 m
- Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water in a bowl. Let stand until the yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Combine yeast mixture, rice flour, sorghum flour, potato starch, cornstarch, vegetable oil, eggs, xanthan gum, and salt together in the bowl of a stand mixer; mix on medium speed until incorporated, about 2 minutes. Spoon dough into the prepared loaf pan. Smooth the top of dough with the back of a wet spoon.
- Place dough in a warm place until it has risen just over the top of the loaf pan, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until loaf is medium golden brown, about 25 minutes.